1. Add something to check for overlapping timeslots in a room.
2. Check for overlapping timeslots for a person.
3. Report the shortest and longest panel times. Flag anything in excess of 10 hours. (Example: "11:00 pm-12:00 pm")
4. Count panels per day for each person.
5. Count maximum string of consecutive panels for each person. "Consecutive" means the next start time is within N minutes of the previous end time. Adjustable. Default 45 minutes. (Justification: A sixty minute gap is enough time to go grab something quick to eat. If your first panel ends at 2:00 and the next one starts at 3:00, that doesn't count as consecutive.)
On "Day Zero," Hanadoki Con was open to everyone, with badges or without. I was given a budget to host a Taco Party in the Chanticleer Room on the 9th floor, which is a fine place for a party. We served rice, black beans, pinto beans, soy chorizo, ground beef, what-should-have-been shredded beef, chicken mole, and chicken in barbecue sauce. The carnitas was not ready that night. We also had tortillas, taco shells, tortilla chips, sour cream, guacamole, chopped tomato and onion, hot sauce, and several kinds of salsa. Also an assortment of soft drinks, diet soda, and some pitchers of iced tea, orange juice and limeade.
If I were to do it all over again, I'd change a few things about how I handle it. I got the crockpots started about three hours later than I'd planned, which meant that we only had one of the six fillings available at a time, instead of a buffet of five meat options plus the vegetarian chorizo all at the same time. Since the soy chorizo was ready first, when we opened that was all we had and it went very quickly. The beef and chicken didn't cook long enough to shred by themselves, so I had to use a knife to cut up the chicken. And the pork wasn't really ready to eat until hours after we closed.
Because I was running late, I didn't do all the shopping myself; and I didn't correctly estimate how much of everything I'd need. (Lots more than I had bought.) We had about 30 lbs. of meat and chorizo; at 6 tacos per pound, that would be at least 180 tacos. If each taco takes a teaspoon of chopped tomato and a tablespoon of sour cream, that's almost a quart of tomato and 3 quarts of sour cream. And so forth...
Also they had various live program events going on from 8:00 pm to midnight, but no Hospitality of any kind. The Con Suite's hours didn't begin until Friday morning, so we were slammed with people who just wanted something, anything, to nosh on.
In an ideal world, I'd make these changes next time I try this.
- Check in Wednesday night so as to have all day Thursday in town to do the shopping and prep.
- Get a room to use as pantry-kitchen that's not the one I'm sleeping in. I usually get two beds; if we use a hotel room, one with just one bed would give us more room to work in.
- Estimate quantities better.
- Spend more, especially on drinks.
- Make salsa from fresh ingredients. A typical recipe for salsa will make a gallon or so per batch, which is the sort of quantity that would be good.
- Recruit three crews. At least one or two helpers per crew. Daytime prep, for two or three hours in the afternoon. The hour before and an hour or two into the party. Teardown, including dishwashing arrangements.
- Buy more extra snacks for the random "con suite" crowd.
- Have a mechanism in place for counting visitors, with or without badge. I.e. party stickers; ribbons won't do if badges are optional.
- Skip the pitchers of drinks, unless they can be made more prominent, e.g. large urns.
Next: PB&J report.
- Costume Camp 2014 Planning Meeting (27-Jul-2014)
- Costume College 2014 part 1: Friday (01-Aug-2014)
- Costume College 2014 part 2: Friday (01-Aug-2014)
- Costume College 2014 part 3: Friday (01-Aug-2014)
- Costume College 2014 part 4: Friday (01-Aug-2014)
- Costume College 2014 part 5: Saturday (02-Aug-2014)
- Costume College 2014 part 6: Saturday (02-Aug-2014)
- Costume College 2014 part 7: Sunday (03-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 1: Late Thursday Night (22-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 2: Friday (22-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 3: Friday (22-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 4: Saturday (23-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 5: Saturday (23-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 6: Late Saturday Night (23/24-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 7: Sunday (24-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 8: Sunday (24-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 9: Sunday (24-Aug-2014)
- Anime California part 10: Sunday (24-Aug-2014)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 580: Coral Cafe (07/08-Aug-2014)
- Cosplay Sewing Circle part 17: August (09-Aug-2014)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 581: Coral Cafe (14/15-Aug-2014)
- Marisa's Birthday Picnic in Orange (26-Jul-2015)
- Cosplay Sewing Circle part 17: August (09-Aug-2014)
- Cosplay Picnic in Woodland Hills at Warner Center Park (16-Aug-2014) Part 1
- Cosplay Picnic in Woodland Hills at Warner Center Park (16-Aug-2014) Part 2
- Cosplay Picnic in Woodland Hills at Warner Center Park (16-Aug-2014) Part 3
- Cosplay Picnic in Woodland Hills at Warner Center Park (16-Aug-2014) Part 4
I have some info already on file, I'll be summarizing them in chunks.
Conventions (M-Z) that I already have some chair info for.
Midwest Construction, 2002-2003.
NASFIC, complete through 2014.
Northeast Filk Convention, through 2013. (And are the ones in Maryland called Counterpoint or Conterpoint?)
New Zealand Science Fiction Convention, 1999 and 2005.
NJAC (Not Just Another Con, Massachussetts), 1985-1988, '91, '93.
NorWesCon, through 2014.
OryCon, through 2013.
OVFF, through 2014.
Potlatch, through 2014.
Rustycon, through 2015.
Smofcon, through 2014.
Tropicon (Florida), through 2001.
Toronto Trek, through 2005.
TusCon, through 2011.
VCON, through 2004.
Westercon, through 2016.
WindyCon, through 2013.
WisCon, through 2014.
Worldcon, through 2015.
World Fantasy Convention, through 2014.
World Horror Convention, through 2011.
I have some info already on file, I'll be summarizing them in chunks.
Conventions (E-L) that I already have some chair info for.
Eastercon. Many recent chairs, see below. My notes here if you want to check my work.
FanHistoricon, through 2002.
Foolscap, through 2004.
Gallifrey One, through 2004.
Gaylaxicon, 1988 only.
Genericon (New York), 1992 only.
InCon (Spokane), 1990-2001.
Lepracon (Wenatachee WA), complete, 2001-'02.
Leprecon (Arizona), through 2013.
Loscon, through 2015.
I have some info already on file, I'll be summarizing them in chunks.
Conventions (A-D) that I already have some chair info for. Credit shown for help, thank you.
Albacon (New York), only 2001 & 2004.
Anime Los Angeles, through 2015.
Archon, through 2012.
Arisia, through 2014.
Armadillocon, through 2012.
Balticon, through 2013.
Boskone, through 2015. (paradoox)
Capclave, through 2013.
Capricon, through 2014. (pheltzer)
Chattacon, through 1995.
Coastcon, through 2003.
ConClave, through 2014.
ConComCon, through 2004.
Conestoga, through 2010.
Confusion (Michigan), through 2014.
ConQuesT (Kansas City), through 2003.
Con*Stellation, through 2013.
Coppercon, through 2003.
Costume-Con, through 2014. (bovil)
Ditto, through 2007.
DreamCon (Everett WA), through 1993.
DeepSouthCon, through 2014.
Duckon, through 2011. (qnofhrt)
The Last Days of Cal Cotton (23-Mar-2014)
ConDor 21 part 1: Friday (21-Mar-2014)
ConDor 21 part 2: Saturday (22-Mar-2014) et seq.
ConDor 21 part 4: Sunday (23-Mar-2014)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 571: Coral Cafe, en route Anime Conji (17-Apr-2014)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 572: Coral Cafe (24/25-Apr-2014)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 573: Coral Cafe (01-May-2014)
Anime Conji 5 part 1: Staging crockpots in San Diego (13-Apr-2014)
Anime Conji 5 part 2: Friday (18-Apr-2014)
Anime Conji 5 part 3: Saturday (19-Apr-2014) et seq.
Anime Conji 5 part 5: Sunday (20-Apr-2014) et seq.
SCIFI Board Meeting (03-May-2014)
Cosplay Sewing Circle part 14: May (10-May-2014) et seq.
Renaissance Faire with Lynn and Maria (11-May-2014) Part 1 et seq.
Mermaid Picnic at Balboa Pier (17-May-2014) Part 1 et seq.
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 435: Coral Cafe (09/10-Jun-2011)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 436: Coral Cafe (16/17-Jun-2011)
LASFS Meetings part 447: New Building (06-Oct-2011) et seq.
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 449: Coral Cafe (06/07-Oct-2011) et seq.
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 558: Coral Cafe (14-Nov-2013) et seq.
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 560: Coral Cafe (05-Dec-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 561: Coral Cafe (12-Dec-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 562: Coral Cafe (19-Dec-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 563: Coral Cafe (26-Dec-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 564: Coral Cafe (27-Dec-2013)
Costumer's Guild West Picnic, El Segundo (25-Sep-2011) Part 1 et seq.
Melissa's Moving Day (15-Oct-2011)
Cosplay Sewing Circle part 7: December (07-Dec-2013) et seq.
Kyoko-toko at Del Taco (10-Dec-2013)
SoCal Pan Fandom Winter Formal (14-Dec-2013) Part 1 et seq.
Maria's 29th Birthday Dinner (21-Dec-2013)
Christmas 2013 part 1: Party at Allison and Steve's Place (13-Dec-2013)
Christmas 2013 part 2: Dinner (23/25-Dec-2013)
Anime Five Cities (San Luis Obispo) part 1: Saturday (18-Jun-2011) et seq.
Anime Five Cities (San Luis Obispo) part 4: Homeward (19-Jun-2011)
Pacific Media Expo 10 part 1: Late Thursday/Friday (08-Nov-2013)
Pacific Media Expo 10 part 2: Friday (08-Nov-2013)
Pacific Media Expo 10 part 3: Saturday (09-Nov-2013) et seq.
Pacific Media Expo 10 part 5: Sunday (10-Nov-2013)
Loscon 40 part 1: Borrowing equipment from the PODS (23-Nov-2013)
Loscon 40 part 2: Thursday (28-Nov-2013)
Loscon 40 part 3: Friday Morning (29-Nov-2013) et seq.
Loscon 40 part 7: Saturday (30-Nov-2013) et seq.
Loscon 40 part 10: Sunday (01-Dec-2013) et seq.
Anime Los Angeles 10 part 13: Executive Meetings (16-Nov-2013) et seq.
Anime Los Angeles 10 part 15: General Meeting (16-Nov-2013) et seq.
SPJA Office in Santa Ana (26-Dec-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 511: Coral Cafe (09-May-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 512: Coral Cafe (16-May-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 528: Coral Cafe (22/23-Aug-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 550: Coral Cafe (07-Nov-2013)
Renaissance Faire with Lynn and Maria (12-May-2013) Part 1 et seq.
Equestria LA 2 part 1: Thursday (09-May-2013) et seq.
Equestria LA 2 part 3: Friday (10/11-May-2013)
Equestria LA 2 part 4: Saturday (11/12-May-2013) et seq.
Dinner at Ruby's, Orange Depot (19-Sep-2013)
LASFS Meetings part 533: Big Auction (19-Sep-2013) et seq.
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 536: Coral Cafe (19-Sep-2013) et seq.
SCIFI Meeting at the Tower (21-Sep-2013) Part 1 et seq.
Miscellaneous: Cake, Chairs, Gin, Carts, and the Hitchhiker (Apr/Jul/Sep-2013)
LASFS part 538: Meeting at the clubhouse (26-Sep-2013) et seq.
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 540: Coral Cafe (26-Sep-2013) et seq.
Sarah's Housewarming/Birthday Party (28-Sep-2013) Part 1 et seq.
Paige's Birthday Dinner (29-Sep-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 542: Coral Cafe (03-Oct-2013)
Cosplay Sewing Circle part 1: October (05-Oct-2013) et seq.
Maria's Cinchers and Corsets (07/08-Oct-2013)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 543: Coral Cafe (10-Oct-2013) et seq.
Anime Los Angeles 10 part 10: Executive Meetings (12-Oct-2013)
Anime Los Angeles 10 part 11: General Meeting (12-Oct-2013) et seq.
Conjecture 12 part 1: Friday (18-Oct-2013) et seq.
Conjecture 12 part 6: Saturday (19-Oct-2013) et seq.
Conjecture 12 part 10: Sunday (20-Oct-2013) et seq.
By my tally there are 470 to write, by the time I finish this.
I've been printing mailing labels as I need them, and I have some spiffy notecards that have a photo taken at the 2013 convention of myself and library_lynn. Writing out the personalized messages takes some time, though. I've been at it for three weeks, so I'm quite pleased that I have made it through as many as I have!
Some years I don't finish the list. All it really takes is making it a priority, and breaking it up into manageable chunks.
It's been suggested that I write a form letter, and mail-merge the names onto them, and then give each one a handwritten signature. Nope. That's not how I roll. The way I see it, I don't "run" a 5001-person convention. Hundreds of volunteers, staff people, department heads, division heads, and so forth ran this convention. If all goes well, I should be able to spend the entire weekend sitting on a couch watching everything happen around me.
We're all unpaid volunteers. We only do this for the thank we get, or whatever our personal reasons might be. I feel the very least I can do is personally thank each one of them.
I try to give out thank-you presents during the convention (a small stuffed animal) but it's difficult to even track down half of the people who make everything happen. The thank-you mailing list, though, I can work with our Admin Div./Staff Services Dept. to make sure I have as complete a list as possible (all the way down to the fans who just volunteered to help out in Artists' Alley for an hour) and I can set my hand to going though all of them.
And I'm 80% finished. Hooray!
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 511: Coral Cafe (30-May-2013) et seq.
- LASFS meetings part 513: Loscon meeting (02-Jun-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 514: Coral Cafe (06-Jun-2013) et seq.
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 516: Coral Cafe (13/14-Jun-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 517: Coral Cafe (20-Jun-2013) et seq.
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 519: Coral Cafe (27-Jun-2013)
- Picnics, Outings, Family and Friends
- Westercon 66 part 1: Thursday (04-Jul-2013) et seq.
- Westercon 66 part 5: Friday (05-Jul-2013) et seq.
- Westercon 66 part 9: Saturday (06-Jul-2013)
- Westercon 66 part 13: Sunday (07-Jul-2013) et seq.
- Westercon 66 part 17: Homeward (08-Jul-2013)
- Comic-Con International part 1: Thursday (18-Jul-2013)
- Comic-Con International part 2: Friday (19-Jul-2013)
- Comic-Con International part 3: Saturday (20-Jul-2013)
- Comic-Con International part 4: Sunday (21-Jul-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 503: Coral Cafe (07-Mar-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 504: Coral Cafe (14/15-Mar-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 505: Coral Cafe (21-Mar-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 506: Coral Cafe (28-Mar-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 507: Coral Cafe (04-Apr-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 508: Coral Cafe (18-Apr-2013)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 509: Coral Cafe (25-Apr-2013)
- Picnics, Outings, Family and Friends
- Alex's Cosplay Picnic at Yorba Park (03-Mar-2013) Part 1 et seq.
- Dinner at "Angelo's & Vinci's Ristorante" with the Crobys (24-Mar-2013)
- Dinner with the Badens at Mandarin Restaurant, Fountain Valley (30-Mar-2013)
- Baden Jelly Bean Hunt (31-Mar-2013) Part 1 et seq.
- Dinner at Catal with Lynn and Maria (02-Apr-2013)
- Trip to Ojai part 1: Saturday (06-Apr-2013) et seq.
- Trip to Ojai part 3: Sunday (07-Apr-2013) et seq.
- Trip to Ojai part 5: El Paca Pastures (07-Apr-2013) et seq.
- Buzz Amble Surprise Reunion at College Park Elementary (27-Apr-2013) Part 1 et seq.
- SCIFI Meeting at Kim's (02-Mar-2013) Part 1 et seq.
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 34: Dinner with SPJA (07-Mar-2013)
- Anime Los Angeles 10 part 1: Executive Meetings (16/17-Mar-2013)
- Anime Los Angeles 10 part 2: Special Program Division (23-Mar-2013)
- Anime Conji 4 part 1: Late Thurday Night (12-Apr-2013)
- Anime Conji 4 part 2: Friday Morning (12-Apr-2013) et seq.
- Anime Conji 4 part 6: Saturday (13-Apr-2013) et seq.
- Anime Conji 4 part 9: Sunday (14-Apr-2013) et seq.
Detailed notes and recipe links.
- Small round 1.5 qt (Black), Soyrizo, 3 packages, divided. Need to use a larger size next time.
- Small round 1.5 qt (Black), Cuban Black Beans, 2 cans. Need to use a larger size and fill it.
- Small round 2 qt (White), Velveeta (2 lb.) and jar of salsa. If we ever do it again we need to stir it several times during the prep time. Better would be larger crock with nacho cheese sauce.
- Medium oval 4.5 qt (Geoff's), Velveeta (2 lb.) and a can of chili. See above.
- XL Oval 6 qt (silver), Carnitas, 9 lbs. of meat. Need more next time!
- XL Oval 5.5 qt (black), Tex Mex Shredded Beef, 8 lbs.
- XL Oblong 5 qt (white), Chicken, 8 lbs. This was too much meat, and the large amount of garlic powder and cumin actually caused it to cement together. Need to re-tool this recipe for large crockpots.
- Large round 4.5 qt (blue), Ground Beef, 6 lb., using 3 packets of the Trader Joe's taco seasonings and 3 cans of diced tomatos.
- Large round 4.5 qt (old blue), Chicken Mole, 7 lbs. of meat, 3 boxes of Rogelio Bueno brand Mole Poblano sauce. Probably should have used 2 boxes, and no more than 6 lbs. of cut-up chicken breasts. (Got a good price at "Sprouts" on the chicken.)
- Large round 4.5 qt (green), Spicy Pork with Peanut Sauce, 3 lbs. of meat. Should have made a bigger batch, or just have lots of Carnitas on hand.
- Medium round 3.5 qt (brown), BBQ Pork, 3 lbs. Used a bottle of barbecue sauce. It got too hot and melted through the slow cooker liner. I don't plan to repeat this next year.
- Medium round 3.5 qt (orange), Teriyaki Chicken, 6 lbs. This was pushing the capacity of the pot, should have kept it to 5 lbs. Used the Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce/Marinade. Might use a different sauce if I repeat this one.
- Shredded lettuce/salad -- got two bags at Sprouts of mostly-lettuce.
- Also got a bag of shredded carrots.
- Sour cream, 2 pints. Could have used another.
- Green onions (Scallions), chopped.
- Onion, chopped.
- Tortilla shells, corn, 12.
- Tortillas, 6-inch flour "fajita size," 192. I was using a rough guide of 4 tacos per lb. of meat. Next time I want to try a ratio of 6 to 1.
- Tortilla chips, big bag from Costco. When we ran out of tortillas, these were handy. We had three serving dishes, so generally only one ended up empty at a time.
- Cheese, shredded, 3 lbs. Used one serving dish, should have had two.
- Rice, one batch from a 2-lb. bag. Should have bought more rice, should have had two rice cookers going.
- Salsa, jar from Trader Joe's. Perhaps have more than one bottle.
- Tapatio hot sauce. Actually went through half a bottle!
- Guacamole. About 4 or 5 packages of prepared guacamole. We served it in a dish, but perhaps we should have just served it directly from the package it came in. And we needed more.
- Freeze-Dried Jalapeños. I saw a jar of these at Sprouts, and was surprised how popular they were.
- Moon Pies, box of assorted mini. Could easily have gone through two boxes.
- Limes, 4, cut in wedges. Probably could have gone through twice as many.
- Oranges, cut in wedges. Not popular.
Things we forgot to serve: chopped tomato, cilantro.
Should have had signs outside the room explaining what they would find inside the room. You can come back in line for seconds. Due to limited space, we ask you to move outside with your tacos and coffee. Yes it's all free, sponsored by Animé Los Angeles and Costume Camp; tips are gratefully accepted. If we've run out of something let us know, we have more taco fillings to bring out later. We'll be closed from time to time for cleaning and re-stocking, please bear with us...
Preliminary notes: We gave away 264 stickers to people coming through the door. Typically the line outside the door was about 22 people deep, it didn't extend all the way to the end of the hall.
9 o'clock meats were: Carnitas* (shredded pork), "Shredded" chicken (a recipe that needs to go in for re-tooling), and Tex Mex Shredded beef*. (*= recipe available.) We ran out of those a little before 10 o'clock, and because we didn't have any rice you couldn't even enjoy some sauce-soaked rice.
10 o'clock we put out: BBQ Pulled Pork (which was just a jar of sauce and a crockpot of meat), Chicken Mole (which was a Mole Poblano sauce and the cut-up chicken breast meat), and Ground Beef (using the Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning mix).
11 o'clock, we brought out the Spicy Pork with Peanut Sauce*, and the Teriyaki Chicken (which was meat with the Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce & Merinade). We ended at midnight with half a spoonful of chicken left.
We had tortillas and taco shells for 208 tacos but I know we had some losses due to breakage, we ran out of them between 10 and 11 I think; rice ran out by about 10 o'clock because we only had one batch. We had can-opener failure so we didn't re-stock the beans which ran out quickly, should have had a larger crockpot. We also should have had a larger crockpot for the Soyrizo so we could have started with all 36 oz. (In general, re-filling a crockpot is problematical.)
Cheese/nacho dips didn't work out well, next time we should just get a #10 can of nacho cheese sauce and try that.
The freeze-dried jalapeños were a surprise hit. We should have cut up 8 limes, not 4, and the oranges should have been just cut into quarters to make them obviously a side snack and not a garnish. I forgot to unpack the tomato and the cilantro, perhaps I should provide a checklist for the prep crew? We had other garnishes and toppings; the guacamole was quite a hit.
Simplified menu for next time: Instead of three kinds of pork, we'll just have plenty of Carnitas. The ground beef and the shredded beef are both tasty, so I might keep both of those; the Chicken Mole is a really big hit and dead easy. So for prep, I can pre-mix the two batches of spices, bring the commercial spice mix and the cans and boxes of pre-made sauces, tomatos and so forth. Forget the two kinds of cheese sauce, one thing of nacho cheese is fine (and it makes a huge amount).
The two packages of cut-up lettuce/salad mix were enough, likewise one bag of shredded carrots. 4 cans of Trader Joe's Cuban Black Beans may not be enough, suggest bumping up the crockpot size to at least Medium Round 3.5 qt and filling it with 6 cans. 3 Soyrizo may be enough, we should bring something to clean up spilled soy chorizo from the floor (and maybe a hand vac too).
Rice cooker+crockpot is more work than deploying two rice cookers, so we should just borrow a second rice cooker.
We had four or five guacamole packages and probably could have used more; either use a bigger serving bowl, or just put out the plastic containers and let people serve themselves directly from them.â€¨
There are probably never going to be enough Moon Pies, but we could have had two or three boxes. If we do something like this 9-12 thing, perhaps announce that we'll be closed for five minutes at 9:55 and 10:55 to do a little refreshing? And buy triple of certain items.
Label the donation jar "TIPS."
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 487: Coral Cafe (20-Sep-2012)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 488: Coral Cafe (04-Oct-2012)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 489: Coral Cafe (11/12-Oct-2012) et seq.
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 491: Coral Cafe (18/19-Oct-2012) et seq.
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 493: Coral Cafe (25-Oct-2012)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 494: Coral Cafe (01-Nov-2012)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 495: Coral Cafe (06-Dec-2012)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 496: Coral Cafe (13-Dec-2012)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 497: Coral Cafe (20-Dec-2012)
- LASFS/Aftermeetings part 498: Coral Cafe (27-Dec-2012)
LASFS/Aftermeetings part 499: Coral Cafe (10-Jan-2013)
- Equestria LA part 1: Meeting at Corner Bakery (21-Sep-2012)
- Equestria LA part 2: Meeting at Anaheim Hilton (27-Oct-2012) et seq.
- Equestria LA part 5: Friday setup (02-Nov-2012) et seq.
SoCal Brony Meetup Picnic in Anaheim (22-Sep-2012) Part 1 et seq.
My Little Pony backcard stories part 1: Year Two (16-Oct-2012) et seq.
SCIFI Board Meeting (13-Oct-2012) Part 1 et seq.
Visiting darcee at her school (18-Oct-2012)
Animé Los Angeles 9
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 6: Special Program Division (30-Sep-2012)
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 7: Executive Meeting (20-Oct-2012)
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 8: General Meeting (20-Oct-2012) et seq.
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 10: Executive Meeting (18-Nov-2012)
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 11: General Meeting (18-Nov-2012)
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 12: Thursday (03-Jan-2013) et seq.
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 15: Friday (04-Jan-2013) et seq.
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 19: Saturday (05-Jan-2013) et seq.
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 24: Sunday (06-Jan-2013) et seq.
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 28: Monday (07-Jan-2013) et seq.
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 29: Monday Evening (07-Jan-2013)
- Anime Los Angeles 9 part 30: Visiting the PODS (12-Jan-2013)
Gallifrey 2013 part 3: Committee Meeting (21-Oct-2012)
Conjecture 2012 part 1: Saturday (06-Oct-2012) et seq.
Pacific Media Expo part 1: Friday (09-Nov-2012) et seq.
Loscon 39 part 1: Thursday (22-Nov-2012) et seq.
Omar's Last Day (07-Aug-2012)
Blue house, suit shopping, monitors (17-Nov-2012)
Shopping for Eggs and Soda (19-Nov-2012)
Growing the Beard (01/09-Dec-2012)
Dinner at Dinah's with Colleen and Shawn (04-Dec-2012)
Remodeling the Office (05/12-Dec-2012)
Shyloh and Cherika (29-Dec-2012)
Measuring Wall Space (15-Dec-2012)
Last Day for Lars (19-Dec-2012)
Maria's Birthday at Buca di Beppo (19-Dec-2012)
Mannequins for Costume Exhibit (22-Dec-2012)
Cars, couches, toners and rosettes (Dec-2012)
Christmas 2012 part 1: Foss Potluck Party (24-Dec-2012) et seq.
Christmas 2012 part 4: Dorothy and Bob's House (25-Dec-2012)
Christmas 2012 part 5: Home with Maria and Lynn (26-Dec-2012)
New Year's Day with Sarah (01-Jan-2013)